Electronic residence permit
On 20th of February 2017 was implemented a new procedure of getting residence permit. According to regulations of European Union all residents permit should have biometric data: digital photo and finger prints. The residence permit will be a separate document and not a special visa in the passport.
The resident permit’s holders who got them before 20.02.2017 should not change them if the permit or the passport is not expired yet.
- Application in electronic form with electronic signature.
- Picture of the applier.
- Package of the documents needed for requested category of residence permit.
- Fingers print (for applier over 6 years old).
- Receipt about payment 16 euro tax for getting residence permit.
- Reference to the article on the basis of which the residence permit is requested.
After registration of the application form, the applier receives the document that his documents were accepted. Then the applier receives an invitation for fingerprints during the next 30 days. During this time it is better to be in Greece because if you refuse or are not available more than 2 times you are then also refused to receive a residence permit.
If the decision of Immigration department is positive they will send an application form to the Greek police branch where they print the residence permit and is sent to the applier in the next 10 days.